Hulett C. Merritt founded Tagus Ranch in 1912 which, at 7,000 acres, was the largest fruit ranch in the world. Until its close, Tagus Ranch produce was known the world over, and was served in the finest restaurants throughout America. At the end of World War II, a portion of Tagus Ranch served as a German POW camp. The remains of the restaurant can be found North of Tulare, California on Highway 99. The property is fenced off, but, the huge gaping holes in the fence beckon entry.
Tulare, California 2013
P2013804150textureCACaliforniacentral californiahwy 99oddsandendsphotosbydavidrestaurantssuburban decaytagus ranchtexturestulare countyurbexphotographyweather